- Commercial and Civil Litigation Law
- Real Estate Law
New Jersey, 2015
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2021
Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 2015
Duquesne University, B.S., Business Administration with a major in Economics, 2012
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2024
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star List, 2023
- Recipient, Duquesne University School of Law Academic Scholarship, 2012-2015
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Montgomery Bar Association
Chester County Bar Association
Vincent R. Cocco joined the Commercial and Civil Litigation team at Timoney Knox in 2022. Vince represents clients in general civil litigation, commercial and real estate litigation, and business disputes. He is skilled in seeing a matter through from case strategy and evaluation through trial, if necessary.
Prior to joining Timoney Knox, Vince worked at a large civil litigation firm focusing primarily on complex medical and professional negligence cases, as well as institutional and sexual abuse. There, Vince primarily represented corporate entities, small businesses, and healthcare facilities involved in complex litigation.
Vince began his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney for the Chester County District Attorney’s Office, where he refined his advocacy and courtroom skills. Vince started in the Major Crimes Unit and transitioned into the Drug and Organized Crime Unit, where he was the lead prosecutor on thousands of felony and misdemeanor cases. There, Vince handled some of the Office’s most complicated and notable cases, prosecuting the County’s most dangerous offenders. His background and experience in prosecuting dangerous criminals and high profile matters has made Vince confident and aggressive in fighting for his client’s rights, no matter the issue. In July, 2022, Vince’s advocacy skill were recognized when he was interviewed by Investigation Discovery Channel for the nationally televised show, “Fear Thy Neighbor” regarding his prosecution of a high profile first degree murder trial.
Vince has been named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star List in 2023. Each year no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers to receive this Honor.
Ratings & Certifications
- Commonwealth v. Ricky Lowe, Lead prosecutor on a drug-delivery-resulting-in-death case which resulted in the first successful conviction on that charge following a jury trial in Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Commonwealth v. Ahmed Elgaafary, Lead prosecutor on a rape case in which an Uber driver sexually assaulted an unconscious passenger. This matter required significant investigation and litigation to build a strong case and secure a guilty verdict and justice for the victim.
- Commonwealth v. Clayton Carter, Co-Counsel in a first degree murder trial in which the defendant shot his neighbor, planted a knife at the scene, and claimed self-defense. This case was highlighted on the Investigation Discovery show “Fear Thy Neighbor”
- Panelist, Pennsylvania State Representatives, Opiod Epidemic in Pennsylvania: Creative Solutions in the Criminal Justice System, February 2020
- Presenter, Chester County District Attorney’s Office, Strategies, Techniques, and Legal Principles Needed to Successfully Prosecute Drug Offenses, January 2020
- Instructor, Chester County District Attorney’s Office Trial Advocacy Program, 2020